Our Quick Introduction
My role is simple. I am your money coach, and your financial quarterback along the way. It is my job to bring the knowledge and products to the table to get you on track and keep you on track to living the life you want to lead. It is about money…but not just money. It is about freedom and flexibility. It is about you being able to make the choices and have the confidence to know you made the best choice at each crossroad along the way. Through all your life stages (young just starting out, married, raising children, possible career shakeups, promotions and buy outs, family issues, health issues, building wealth, protecting wealth, enjoying wealth, passing along wealth). It is my job to help you balance goals and objectives for the best possible outcomes that meet or exceed your needs.
How can I help YOU???
- Figure out where you are at right now financially and where you need to be.
- Have you ever had an advisor help you do a balance sheet to see exactly where you are financially today?
- Build a safety net for events you cannot control.
- Plan for events you can control and ensure you are properly prepared in advance.
- Debt management strategies.
- Reduce and or eliminate toxic debt and learn how to convert bad debt to good debt.
- Tax planning to minimize what disappears today and down the road.
- Is your financial engine running as efficiently as possible?
- Education planning and structuring to benefit from government grants, and have maximum flexibility.
- Retirement – It is all about doing what you want to do, when you want to do it. Freedom and flexibility. Structuring your affairs so that you are not watching the stock market daily. You need to know you are secure. Knowing your income stream and understanding the way your portfolio was built, is key at this point in your life.
- Estate planning – We will look at how your affairs are set up and what you wish to leave as a legacy. If left as is, are you leaving too much to the tax man and a mess for your spouse or kids to struggle cleaning up? An open frank discussion on your wishes and ensuring your will, power of attorney, medical directives are all current, clear and as you wish is critical. This area of planning is a huge value to my clients.
- With your assets, you need to have a full understanding of the pros and cons of different courses of action. There is no one perfect solution. Usually a blend of products is the ideal path. Seldom does one firm or one product provide the custom fit you need.
My name is Rick Woodall; this is my site and my company. I am here to help you learn about your finances, and push to get them organized AND cleaned up. Then we move forward in an efficient and productive way that gets you where you need to go financially.
I hope you will take a few minutes to look over this site. You will find a brief outline of my business and the services /solutions my team can offer. You will find my approach and way of doing business is different from the average advisor you may have dealt with in the past.
My planning practice uses a lot more index and no-load funds combined with low cost term insurance and then strips down many of the hidden fees to benefit you. My office simply offers more for less. We then follow it up with competent, local service. We’re here when you need us, year after year. Our goal is to work with you and your family for decades.
Use this page to quickly find the information you need. Feedback is always welcome. We constantly strive to provide our clients and our potential clients with better products, better technology and a better client experience. Let us know how we can keep growing and improving! We appreciate it.
Certified Financial Planner®
OUR PLEDGE TO YOU
We pledge to always provide objective professional advice, personalized attention, quick and efficient service and unwavering integrity in all we provide. We pledge to help simplify the many complex options and do our best to educate our clients to make informed choices to grow and protect their assets, lifestyle and loved ones.
Rick Woodall started Woodall Financial Group in 2000. The business was started to address a critical missing link in the investment and planning business. With so many products being offered by banks, fund companies, and insurance firms, it was decided that being a broker with access to everyone’s products was a much better solution for clients. One provider cannot possibly have the best of everything all the time. With life insurance, Gics, pensions and investments…..we need to shop the entire market to get our clients the best value and have the tools in place to ensure clients get the most for their hard earned money. This is an ongoing commitment and we will continue to forge new relationships with credit unions, insurance companies, banks, estate lawyers and tax professionals whenever we feel we can help our clients with better solutions. Our business has grown substantially and our clients refer their friends and family to us regularly. We take this as a clear sign that we are doing things well.
More About Rick
SOME HISTORY ABOUT ME
If you trust me and my team to manage your financial affairs, it is only fair you know a little about me and how I do things. I was born in Windsor. I worked in our family business growing up and learned how hard work is rewarded and that money has to be earned. Wealth and security seldom just happen. After graduating from the University of Windsor, I operated my own successful businesses and enjoyed the successes of hard work and learned to save and invest money.
I have always enjoyed making money work, and after having a falling out with my financial advisor in the late 90s, I decided I could do better managing it myself. I enjoyed it so much I decided it was the career path I wanted to follow.
I respect education, so I decided formal training was in order if I was going to make a career change and manage other people’s life savings. I completed my Canadian Securities Courses, my life insurance courses and took and completed the entire certified financial planner’s courses before I started working in this industry. I did a lot of research on where I wanted to start my career. I did not want to work at an office where I was pushed to sell their brand of fund or product. I did not want a manager telling me what I had to push on my clients. That was just not my style or in the best interest of my clients.
I went out on my own and started from scratch as a truly independent advisor in 2000. Since that time I have earned my CFP® (Certified Financial Planner) designation, earned my EPC (Elder Planning Councillor) and also my “Branch Manager” designation. I love my job and when we meet and start discussing how I can help, my passion for the business shows. I often put in some really long days as I truly enjoy it. Clients love the way I sort through the financial maze for them and give them information, choices and wise direction. I have so many truly wonderful clients I could not ask for a more rewarding career.
I am happily married to my wife Tanya (17 years +), and have two children. I am very active in the community and you can find me sitting on various boards, coaching sports, and volunteering for various roles on a regular basis. In my free time I enjoy all outdoor sports and quality time with friends and family by a pool, beach or bbq.
MY OTHER PASSION – FLYING!
My real passion and hobby is building and flying airplanes. In 2012 my wife and I flew to California up to BC and crossed the Rockies in a small airplane I built. What an adventure and great way to spend 9 days. It is something I cannot get enough of and I love sharing my hobby with children and adults. If you ever wish to go flying …just ask!
Reach out today to get started
get in touch today
Rick has been so helpful in every step of our financial journey. He has presented us with many options and took the time to explain and suggest the best options for us personally. He is available whenever we need, quick to respond to any questions or concerns, and is always very professional. We suggest him to all our friends!